Monday, February 15, 2010

Over the course of the past week or two I have come across stories of Cancer....some of strangers....but most of them have familiar faces or names. None of the stories have happy endings.........or easy treatment plans. They are losing thier battles...and thier hair....and thier will.......and I...am OK.

I am struggling with a guilt that I cant explain or put into words. It makes me cry sitting at stop lights...or reading emails. It makes me daydream about all of the what ifs.....

I feel so incredibly guilty and I don't know how to make it stop.....

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

my friend, you just accept that God know what He is doing and your job is not done yet. There are no answers as to why or how. don't beat yourself up over that that you cannot control. God gave you a gift, and gave many others a gift by allowing us to have you for a longer period of time. But that gift has a price. The price of His will. He has things left for you to do. It just wasn't time yet to call you home. There were more people to touch, more hearts to love, and more goals to reach. Thank Him for the extra time, and trust Him. I love you!

Anonymous said...

It's called "survivors guilt". You may want to consider counseling; no shame in that. It didn't help me but it might help you. Believe me, my friend, I know what you're feeling albeit in a slightly different way. For some reason, God has decided that its not your time.

R

stephaniekovacs69@yahoo.com said...

Well I thank God that you have survived. My heart and always lots of prayers go out to all of the people who are or who have lost their battles to cancer. My Dad was one of those that lost his battle. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss him. Be thankful ( as I'm sure you are) that God has picked you to be a special woman to leave here and carry on. You must have much more to accomplish in life or love and help to offer others...you're suppose to be here! All your friends and family are happy for that! Hang in there in my friend...just know how much you are loved!

Kathy said...

I just met you and wanted to let you know - I know of many survivors. And having just been diagnosed with breast cancer myself, I plan to be a survivor, too! I'll feel guilty with you!