Tuesday, February 2, 2010

sometimes you just have to laugh......

And for my next trick I think I will.........


BREAK MY ANKLE!!!

Id love to tell you it was during a bar fight or skydiving....or something badass.

Instead I blame it not on "badass" but "fatass"... The boy and I were walking along a trail in the woods...enjoying the fresh air and the animal tracks. It was chilly and there was less then an inch of snow on the ground....a path that I have walked hundreds of times. All of a sudden I heard a crack....and I FELT a crack. The boy turned around and said "What was that pop?" As I was hitting the ground I think I mumbled something about a broken ankle....he said he had heard the noise and was I sure. How can you be sure when pain is flooding your body??? A pain like I have never felt before....he took of running....so fast I was worried he would hurt himself as well. Within minutes he is driving his truck down a trail no wider the 4-5 feet. The truck was ripping over bushes and small trees...he was a man on a mission. He scooped me up and off we went. The ER was extremely fast...in and out in less then an hour!!

So here I sit with a black colored cast (as badass I can get in a cast!!) and a broken ankle.....go me!!

3 comments:

WhiteStone said...

Complete bummer! Hope the ankle heals quickly.

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Oh, no!!! The rescue sounds very exciting, though!

Dee said...

Hope your ankle heals quickly.