Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A room with a view.....

The way the Chemo center is set up all the chairs face outside to a really pretty courtyard that is landscaped and has a waterfall etc. On days when the heat isn't unbearable you can get treatment outside even. Today was too hot for that.....thought I would share what my 6 hrs looked like. There is a TV to the left and an IV pole to the right but they would have ruined the picture!! It went well today......feel a little tired but I sometimes think that's from sitting on my ass for 6 hours and not moving. Kinda like a long car ride. There was a woman 2 chairs down getting her treatment and I couldn't help but notice she cried through the entire 3 hours. I don't know how far into sessions she was.....she has her hair and weight so you can never really tell. I just felt really bad for her. To have that many tears......it just reminds me how grateful I am for the life I have and the ease so far of my treatments. The nurses and I discussed the fact that I still have hair....they are all surprised. Not even starting to "shed" as they like to call it....ICK! Should have started by now but I could be a "late bloomer". I was looking at the Coach website at the new scarves....ya know....just in case!! Purses and Boots might make me feel better too. You just NEVER know! *smile*

A girl at work said something the other day that kind of stuck with me and has been playing over and over in my head.....


"Live the life you love...and love the life you live"

I think that will be my new mantra!! Love you guys!! Have a wonderful day!


No comments: