Thursday, August 6, 2009

Treatment update.....

So the doctors have decided to move things right along. I finally have some answers and the feeling that maybe my doctors have finally put some urgency on this whole thing. The masses in my stomach appear to be a large fibroid...and I mean LARGE. The other mass appears to be an ovarian cyst. A really big one that shows minor cancer activity. There are 2 masses that have been defined as cancer and that has spread to both pelvic lymph nodes...the left more so then the right.

Yesterday I went to the Radiation Oncologist who did what was called a cat simulation. They put me into a cat scan machine and make a mold of my body so that every time I lay down on the table its in the exact same position. They did multiple cat scans to determine exactly where they will be aiming radiation beams. Once the got the locations correct they actually tattoo'd little black dots into my skin. One on each hip.....one an inch below my belly button and another about 4 inches lower. They gave me tons of info in regards to side effects etc.....

Today I go to the Chemotherapy Oncologist to get the dosing correct and go over a teaching plan. That means they are going to teach me exactly how to cope with the things that are going to be changing and how to eat properly to maintain a healthy weight etc...more to follow once I am home from the appt.

This is all being done so that I can start treatment on Tuesday the 11th. 47 days from the potential for cancer to treatment......its all been a blur!!

Thanks for all of the support......Love you guys!!!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

My prayers are always with you, my old friend. Love to you, always! C

Cheryl said...

Just wishing you the best today!