Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Short and sweet....for now!

Its late....10:40pm and I'm feelin gooood! 2ND treatment today went off well. They are going to slow the IV down for the cisplatin from 60 min to 90 min...looks like the insides of my veins get a little offended by the stuff. Its not a big deal really. I am getting my treatment in a fresh vein every time. I didn't want a port...dont ask me why i just didn't want the permanent feeling of it I guess..... I just told them to find good veins and we would all be happier. Not so sure the nurse liked the fact that I didn't get a port...its just not as easy for them. I was sitting next to a "talker" today who was a tri-chemo mix. I cant even imagine what that must be like....and she told me that after today she was getting treatment every 2 weeks until APRIL!! She was filled with horror stories so I started to tune her out......I felt bad for her but geeeeze I dont think anyone could feel nearly as bad for her as she does for herself. I dont ever want to get that way!!

I am bidding you all a good night for now. It is late and I have plans to do 9am to 8pm tomorrow...need all the beauty sleep I can get at this point!

I will spend sometime tomorrow writing a better post.....more details etc. Is there anything you wanna know that I'm not telling you?? Email me and let me know and I will be sure to throw it into the mix.

Thank you to everyone for making me such a happy girl!!

3 comments:

Earl said...

You give me too much credit. I tried sending a comment from my phone & it appears it didn't work because I can't find it.

It sounds like you're in control of your treatments. It's so hard to believe........it's not like you.

I'm in Baltimore and just got to my room so I checked for the comment & when I didn't see it I decided to write & tell you I was thinking of my Jersey Girl and I can't wait to go to Jersey to see you. Well, I need to get some rest before I see customers in the morning. I have a picture of Mateo that I'll email to you. Susi made him a David costume. I guess the kids are going to have a party & everyone is dressing up as Bible Characters. I'm not sure what his sister would be but at almost 2 years old she's a terror.

I'll write soon.

I miss you and can't wait to see you.

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Hi,
I wandered over here from Envisage. We are finishing up our 365, and I was feeling nostalgic and going through old posts. I was always sorry that you weren't able to finish the 365 and wondered how you were doing in the car business through all the economic ups and downs. I was very surprised to see your new blog. Sending you good thoughts for recovery. If you don't mind, I will check back in on you.

~ J ~ said...

Hey there Chi!!! Ggood to see you again!! You are welcome to visit anytime! I am going to try to do the 365 blog again and Im excited to see everyone again. Thanks for wandering over.