Sunday, August 30, 2009

Rough patch.......

Sorry for the lack of updates! The last couple of days have been a little rough. Not nearly as bad as they could be I'm sure but just have not felt too well. I have been trying to figure out how to explain it to everyone who asks and the best description I can come up with is motion sickness. If you have ever been car sick...or been on a rough cruise you know what I'm talking about. I'm not sick to my stomach like I would be if I had the flu.....its just like motion sickness. ICK! I have not missed work yet and I was able to attend my friend Leslie's bridal shower on Saturday (YEAAA LESLIE Im sooooooooo happy for you...you are amazing!!). I was worried I wouldn't be able to stay for the whole thing but I made it just fine! It was a nice distraction.

I met with my Radiologist Oncologist on Thursday and he actually brought up surgery!! Yea! From the beginning it was ruled out completely by my Gynocologist Oncologist (hes the surgeon as well). Dr McKenna thinks that if we shrink this enough....as long as its responding.....maybe we can re-visit surgery as an option. They will be having a conference call (all my Dr's) this coming week to discuss the next plan of action so I should know more in a few days. He told me a story of a girl he treated....and he made it clear that EVERYONE is different.....she was not a candidate for surgery either but they were able to shrink the tumor enough to perform surgery and she is cancer free. She didnt have lymph nodes involved like I do so it is a little different but I think he was just trying to tell me that anything is possible. I really like my Dr's and I am confident that they will do whats right for me.

Im going to try to get some laundry done today and make a nice dinner for the boy. He got up bright and early this morning before I woke and baked some potatoes to make me potato panckaes for breakfast...he said he thought they would be easy on my stomach and the eggs would be good protein. They were so good!!! I figure I owe him a good dinner.....he takes awsome care of me! Last night I made Cornish Game Hens and roasted potatoes....tonight might be meatloaf or maybe BBQ steaks.....depends on if the rain comes back!

Heading out back to put the cards back in the game cameras so we can keep an eye on the deer. Looks like the turkey babies have gone from 8 to 4 and a few more Doe's have shown up so the stuff we planted for the deer seems to be working. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Love ya!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey J~
Sorry to hear of the rough patches but you seem to be doing awesome overall. Here I go again...YOU ARE AMAZING. You have amazing strength & courage! That is awesome news about revisting the surgery option...really..that is good news! I'll will keep up my vigil of prayers for you. Hang tough lady...glad your man is taking good care of you too. Give him a hug for me...LOL! Talk to you soon! Love and Miss you!
Steph

WhiteStone said...

It amazed me that after surgery and during chemo I loved eggs. Fried, boiled, whatever. I ate a lot of eggs. Later, as my body rebounded from the after-effects of surgery, my appetite loved anything and everything! Hope you get over the slight nausea soon.

Daria said...

Surgery ... that would be really good. Good luck with that.